Toward Christlike Relationships with Muslims
This is an Affirmation from a Global Network of Christians who love Muslims and many who live and serve among them. We affirm nine biblical guidelines that can enable Jesus’ followers to serve as his representatives in relationship with Muslims of every persuasion.
- Be Faithful to God’s Truth: Pray for Christians, when they relate to Muslims to do it on the basis of the core convictions of Christian faith, not by hiding or diminishing them. (Mt. 22:37, 39; 28:20, Micah 6:8)
- Christ-Centered in Interaction: Ask that they will unashamedly present Jesus, the Essence of the gospel (1 Cor.2:2) and that they do not confuse the good news with Christianity, patriotism, culture or our civilisation.
- Our Words and Witness: Pray that their words and witness will be in line with Scripture, containing no overstatement, exaggeration or words taken out of context (Matt.12:36, Ex.20:16, Matt.7:12, Matt.22:39).
- Wisdom in our Words and Witness: Above all, ask that Christians will share their faith wisely, but not hesitate in making the best of every opportunity (Col.4:5, James 3:17-18).
Dialogue between Muslims and Christians provides us with opportunities to understand Muslims, build relationships, engage in peacemaking and share our faith. Ask that Christians will seek to share the gospel respectfully and boldly, without compromise – as Paul “reasoned with” people (Acts 17:2, 17). We have been entrusted with the ministry of reconciliation (2 Cor.5:18-19).
- Prayer: Pray for Christians ministering to Muslims, for breakthroughs in making disciples of these precious people.
- Pray that we Chrisitans will receive grace to demonstrate sacrificial love and to work toward peace.
- Ask for special opportunities to share Jesus’ love with Muslims during the next 30 days.
More details and downloads are on the 30-Days website →